You have no items in your shopping cart.
Tulsi: The Magic Herb and How It Impacts Your Overall Wellbeing
Tulsi has been an important part of Ayurvedic healing. Although a native to India, Tulsi’s benefits are vouched for worldwide.
It is a commonly grown plant in Indian households and has been curing ailments like cough, cold, and allergies in children as well as adults since time immemorial. And that is probably the reason why it is referred to as the “Queen of Herbs”. Here are some reasons why Tulsi is looked on as a panacea by many-
- Tulsi is known for its zinc and vitamin C content. Hence, it can immensely boost your immunity and keep you protected from infections. Its anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties make it the perfect infection cure. Also, if you are looking to boost your immunity just as a preventive measure against diseases, you can chew on Tulsi leaves every morning.
- Tulsi has amazing antipyretic properties. That means it can lower body temperature when taken by someone suffering from fever. For periodic fevers, fresh Tulsi juice should be taken with crushed black paper.
- Tulsi has many active ingredients such as eugenol, cineol, and camphene that help with congestion in the chest and cold. In fact, asthma, influenza, and bronchitis patients benefit immensely when given a mixture of Tulsi extract, honey, and ginger. This concoction can also be used to treat the common cold and cough.
- Tulsi has got an amazing stress-fighting capacity. The presence of compounds Ocimumosides A and B is what makes Tulsi such an effective stress reliever. These compounds work by striking a balance between the neurotransmitter dopamine and serotonin in the brain. As a result, stress gets reduced considerably. Tulsi is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties. What more? It helps regulate blood pressure.
- This herb is rich in phytochemicals that act as antioxidants. As we all know, antioxidants remove free radicals from the body. Your chances of suffering from terminal diseases such as cancer reduce significantly when you take Tulsi regularly. Tulsi is especially beneficial for lung, oral, liver, and skin cancers.
- It does not just help treat cardiovascular diseases; it also prevents their occurrence by keeping the blood lipid content low. And that is why Tulsi is consumed by people to treat hypertension and to prevent occurrences of stroke.
- Tulsi has got amazing anti-ageing properties. That means, with the use of this herb, you can stay youthful for as long as you want. That’s why Tulsi is such an important ingredient in so many beauty products. If you are looking for anti-aging products online in India, do check out their ingredients lists. Anti-ageing products with Tulsi as one of their ingredients are generally more beneficial than others.
- People who suffer from gastrointestinal disorders should definitely consumeTulsi. This herb is believed to treat indigestion problems besides helping with loss of appetite. Bloating and flatulence also reduce considerably with its use.
The bottom line is that Tulsi can be an inexpensive way to stay healthier for longer; and an easy way to look youthful forever. Although you can take Tulsi mixed with other ingredients, the easiest way to consume it is by chewing its fresh leaves and sipping on the extract. By doing so, you will not just bid adieu to your health problems but will also overcome your dependency on anti-aging products.